The famous places Areopolis, Diros Caves, Gerolimenas, Vathia, Porto Cajio and then return to Alika and turn right for Lagia, Kokala, Kotrona, Areopoli and return to Gythio.
At a distance of 10 km, on the road to Areopolis, stands the "Fort of Passavas", which is a castle still standing, built in 1254 by its first owner baron De Neigi and incorporates fragments of ancient Greek masonry. According to history, Turkish army during the revolution of 1821 stopped at this point, as it was impossible to beat the Greek patriots who faced the enemy from inside the castle. The name of the castle Passava comes from the French phrase, passe - avant = go further.
Going further stands the Kelefa fort, which was built by Turks in 17th century in a hill between Areopolis and Itilo, in order to control together with the Castle of Passava the south Mani. It has a pentagon design and disposes 6 towers.
Limeni, near Areopolis, is a gorgeous bay with blue green waters. The picturesque fishermen's village, unaffected by the pass of time, is one of the most beautiful villages in Mani, where you can eat fresh and tasty fish in the small taverns in front of the sea.
In Limeni stands the house of Mavromichalis family, where the revolution against Turkish regime started in 1821. It is renovated and currently houses the museum of Lineni with many interesting exhibits. In Areopolis it is worth visiting the ancient church of Taxiarches (17th century) in the town centre.
At a distance of 37km stand the Diros Caves, one of the most famous caves in Europe, which have been firstly explored in 1949 by Ioannis and Anna Petrochilos. Diros Caves consist of three, already open to public, smaller caves.
Vlyhada: Its temperature fluctuates from 16oC to 20oC. Passages of about 5000m have been explored while its total extent is 33,400m2. It is regarded as one of the most beautiful lake Caves of the world. In its interior fossil animals have been discovered that existed 2 million years ago.
Alepotripa: It is situated 200m. east of Vlyhada and was discovered in 1958. The findings provide evidences of life in the Cave 6,000 years ago, many of which are exhibited in the "Stone Age Museum" of Diros, situated at the entrance of the Cave. The extent of the Cave is 6,500 m2, 600m2 of which consist of land with stalactites and stalagmites and the rest is covered by the water of an underground river. The average temperature of the Cave is 19oC and of the water 18oC.
Kataphyggi: It is located 500m on the left side of the road that leads to the former two Caves. It covers an area of 2,700m2 whereas the length of its passages is 700m.
At the distance of 42 km from Gythion stands Gerolimenas, a small traditional port built in front of an impressive massive rock, which enters the sea and seems as if it is cut with a huge knife and a little further Porto Kagio, a small traditional fishing port at the Southern part of the mainland of Europe, Cape Tenaron.