At a distance of 10 km, on the road to Areopolis, stands the "Fort of Passavas", which is a castle still standing, built in 1254 by its first owner baron De Neigi and incorporates fragments of ancient Greek masonry. According to history, Turkish army during the revolution of 1821 stopped at this point, as it was impossible to beat the Greek patriots who faced the enemy from inside the castle. The name of the castle Passava comes from the French phrase, passe - avant = go further.
It stands on a abrupt hill of 160 metres in the place that was the Citadel of Mycenaean city of Las, it has length of 180m and width 90m. Today is abandoned completely in the disposal of time.